- The National Education Policy Act, 1996 (Act No. 27 of 1996) [NEPA]
- The National Education Information Policy (Gazette 26710, 2004) [NP EI]
- Amendment to The National Education Policy (Government Gazette 33426, 2012) [NP AEI]
- Each school will be allocated an Education Management Information System (acronym, EMIS) number from the Chief Directorate: Education and Training Provisioning of the relevant provincial department.
- This number should be used in all correspondence, surveys, etc. An additional number will be added to the EMIS number. This number is for the annual survey and is made up of more digits (reflecting the province and magisterial district).